Exactly one month from now, I’ll be turning 21. I am so excited for no apparent reason. So I thought I’d write out a list of the gifts I expect on that day. You see, I’ve realised that birthdays are no longer what they used to be a few years ago. We no longer have time for parties or cards. All we get are messages on Facebook. So I guess that will be the first thing on my list.
So here’s the list:
- Lots and lots of birthday wishes on Facebook
- A bottle of dry white wine, either South African or Italian
- A bottle of brandy or sherry
- A phone I can use to read pdf documents
- A charcoal grill or braai
- Chocolate balls from Uchumi supermarket
- Lots of money (contact me for my bank account number)
- A high quality chef’s knife
- I don’t know what else
I can’t wait for 18th October to come!